Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Obstinate, headstrong girl!

Welcome to the first Wednesday in April, or as I like to call it: confess your insecurities day! (at least the writing ones).  If you're not already familiar with this blog hop, I recommend checking it out, especially if you're a writer. 

The awesome co-hosts for the April 4 posting of the IWSG are Olga Godim,Chemist Ken, Renee Scattergood, and Tamara Narayan!

April 4 question - When your writing life is a bit cloudy or filled with rain, what do you do to dig down and keep on writing?

______________________________

I rely on my stubbornness. 

Honestly, that's true in a lot of aspects of my life. I'm intractable that way. Obstinate. Headstrong. Jo March is my spirit animal, or maybe Maureen O'Hara. 



I refuse to cede a battle with a manuscript. Oh, sure, it might have me on the ropes sometimes, but I'll come up swinging and eventually I will win. 

Sometimes this means a sneak attack, like coming in from an unusual angle, from a different point of view. I'm also willing to fight dirty, jumping ahead to the ending or another pivotal scene and just ignoring the slag pile of scraps of a scene in front of me until later. Fight smarter, not harder, right? 

I've also got a great support team of critique partner ninjas whose insight I value highly and will also consider deeply, even if it is painful. I'm not afraid of hard work. If something is important to me, I'll work for it. And writing is important to the core of me. 

So, it's not much of a secret really. I'm just too stubborn to let it go. 


3 comments:

  1. Stubbornness is your super power. Mine is active listening. hehehe

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with being stubborn. It gets things done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be stubborn, especially when it comes to not giving up on something.

    ReplyDelete